Candidate must have an Interim Secret or Secret level security clearance
TQI Solutions is currently seeking an IT Support Specialist ready to deliver outstanding support to our Navy client located in Kittery, ME.
TQI team members matter to us! We are committed to providing a positive work-life balance, a premier benefits package, overtime/holiday pay and opportunities for continued career growth. Come join a collaborative working environment where your contributions are rewarded and valued!
This is a permanent, direct-hire opportunity that will be responsible for analyzing, troubleshooting and resolving technical issues as a member of a 24/7 Data Center support team.
Job Duties Include:
- Execute file transfers and complete follow-up procedures for successful data transfer
- Operate & monitor batch processes using scheduling applications, i.e. Application Manager, etc. and UNIX menus and procedural documentation
- Operate Macros using MS Word & Excel
- Operate processes using Windows, UNIX and LINUX
- Test critical applications utilizing web tools
- Assist programmers and systems analysts by testing and debugging new programs.
- Monitoring and controlling environmental conditions/temperatures of designated data center spaces.
- Initiating documented emergency protocols in the event of power outages or adverse environmental conditions.
- Performing routine system inspections and annotate system logs.
- Assist users to resolve issues including user account problems, PC support (hardware, software, virus/malware, Windows OS, and security policy), network status, access to network resources (printers, share drive) and application access.
- CompTIA Security+ OR A+ w/bachelor’s degree
- 5 years of IT support experience
- Experience working in a Data Center OR IT Help Desk environment.
- Ability to work as technical professional as a member of the 24/7 support team.
- Must possess OR agree to obtain within 6 months of hire an Operating System certification e.g. Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA), Microsoft Certificated Solutions Associate (MCSA), Microsoft Certificated Solutions Expert (MCSE), etc.
- Familiarity with U.S. Navy processes and procedures and experience supporting Navy Marine Corps Internet (NMCI) or associated Navy network requirements is highly preferred.
- Experience working in a mixed network environment and providing varying levels of support based on the nature and origin of the issue.
- SkillPort Windows 7
TQI Solutions, Inc. is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) with staff located in Virginia, Maryland, DC, North Carolina, Maine, and California. We provide Mission and Information Technology Support Services to a wide range of Department of Defense clients. TQI Solutions strives to exceed our customer's expectations through results-oriented services and solutions that enable mission success. We pride ourselves in adopting our client’s missions as our own, and consistently providing world class technical solutions. We accomplish this by hiring dedicated problem solvers who build long-term, mutually trusting relationships with our customers.