Candidates must possess and maintain an active Interim Secret or Secret level security clearance
TQI Solutions is actively recruiting forward thinking thought leaders ready to join us in providing solutions that positively impact the success of our clients. TQI team members matter to us! We are committed to providing a positive work-life balance, a premier benefits package, and opportunities for continued career growth. Come join a collaborative working environment where your contributions are rewarded and valued!
TQI Solutions is currently seeking an Information Technology (IT) Support Specialist ready to deliver outstanding support to our Navy client located in Norfolk, VA.
The candidate will work collaboratively with a team of professionals providing high quality customer IT support throughout the customer base. Job Duties Include:
- Serves as 1st point of contact for Tier 1/2 hardware, software and networking issues
- Respond to service calls to diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve user technical problems
- Responsible for providing support to bridge the gap between organization, mission and existing technical capabilities by developing solutions that meld business process with value added information system solutions in alignment with command mission goals
- Execute the setup, installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and/or upgrade hardware, software and peripherals as necessary
- Resolve technical issues in a timely manner or escalate to appropriate resource as needed
- Build and configure PC’s/laptops, load software, conduct audits for unlicensed software, security audits or other functions required to keep systems up and running
- Responsible for assisting in development of user training documentation
- Ensure all user help requests are addressed promptly and resolved in a timely manner
- Responsible for providing input to solutions that meld business process with value added information system solutions and alignment with command mission goals
- Provide input to and/or lead development of user IT training
- Several years of technical support / IT help desk experience
- Experience responding to and resolving user generated trouble tickets
- Demonstrated ability in the analysis, diagnosis, troubleshooting and resolution of Tier 1 and Tier 2 technical issues
- Ability to support and maintain PC’s, hardware, software and associated peripherals
- Experience providing training to users on computer based skills
- Must possess excellent communication and customer service skills
- Must be highly organized, able to manage and maintain many clients simultaneously
- Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline (OR may substitute Associates degree or IT related certificate plus 2-6 years of experience; 1 year of related experience=1 year of college)
- Familiarity with U.S. Navy processes and procedures and experience supporting Navy Marine Corps Internet (NMCI) or associated Navy network requirements is highly preferred.
- Familiarity with Audio and Visual setup/installation and maintenance, including audio and video conferencing, video hardware, and digital signage, is a plus.
- Demonstrated technical competence supporting iPhone, Android and/or BlackBerry also a plus.
- An active CompTIA Security+ CE certification
TQI Solutions, Inc. is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) with staff located in Virginia, Maryland, DC, North Carolina, and California. We provide Mission and Information Technology Support Services to a wide range of Department of Defense clients. TQI Solutions strives to exceed our customer's expectations through results oriented services and solutions that enable mission success. We pride ourselves in adopting our client’s missions as our own, and consistently providing world class technical solutions. We accomplish this by hiring dedicated problem solvers who build long-term, mutually trusting relationships with our customers.